Anonymous Mock Interviews with Hiring Managers for Software Engineering Positions
We host anonymous public open Mock Interview sessions with hiring managers. During these sessions, all applicants will be in incognito mode, with no names and no faces.
A mock interview is a simulation of an actual job interview that allows candidates to practice their interview skills.
In each mock interview session, we have interviewers involved in hiring processes and hiring decisions, from team members to hiring managers. All interviewers will conduct the mock interview exactly as they do in real life.
Interviewers will provide immediate constructive feedback to the candidates regarding their performance, covering what went well and what could be improved.
Please note: this event will be recorded and posted on our YouTube channel. Therefore, candidates will be participating anonymously to feel safe about their performance and identity.
Each session lasts about 1 hour and 30 minutes total and engages two-three candidates. Each candidate will be interviewed for 30-45 minutes.
The main steps:
1. The interview starts with the basic question, “Tell me about yourself and what did you do in your last project?” The time limit is 4 minutes; therefore, we recommend practicing with timing before the session. You will be cut off after the 4 minutes expire.
2. Follow-up questions from interviewers (25-35 min) and tech/coding challenges.
3. The feedback stage takes 5 minutes.
You can check the previous recordings here to know what to expect.
At the moment, we are hosting mock interviews for Software Dev and QA Engineer (Manual and Automation) positions. Anyone with a valid resume can participate.
Graduates from any school/college are welcomed to participate. Even if you don’t have prior experience, you can show school/independent projects.
Warning: We do not accept candidates with resumes that include feigned experience. Please make sure to remove all dishonest info before sending your resume. Our experts perform a background check to spot dishonest claims.
For listeners: If you want to participate as a listener and not as a candidate, join our Meetup Group.
For hiring managers: Fill out this Application form.
1. Record a 4-minute video responding to the question, “Tell me about yourself and what did you do in your last project?”
Please make sure to turn on the camera. This video will not be disclosed and shared with anyone.
2. Upload the video to any cloud storage platform or YT and get the shareable link.
3. Fill out this Application form.
After you submit the application
Your application will be analyzed within a few days. If the results are positive, you will be put on the waiting list. You will be invited to our Slack channel to be informed when your mock interview will take place.
If you want to share or discuss Software Development and Software Testing, let’s chat in Slack using this link
Once you join, say hi to all, and introduce yourself in #icebreaker_greet_meet_chat
And explore our channels:
1. #general channel for announcements from our community.
2. If you have a direct job, you can post it in the #jobs_and_career channel.
3. Any discussion about mock interviews, use #mockinterviews
4. If you have non-commercial events to announce use #meetups_events
4. If you have any questions, post in #questions_and_answers
5. Anything fun you want to share, use #random channel
Recordings of previous sessions on our YouTube channel
Contact us with any convenient way:
Phone: +1 (949) 438 -1502