Last Updated: 4/09/21
What information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
Information you provide directly to us. When you fill out an Application form and otherwise use the Site and Services, you may provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, phone number, city, social media profile, resume, work and educational history, photo and video files, and other information about your preferences and interests that you choose to provide us.
Information we get from others. We may get information about you from other sources such as:
• Background check providers;
• Your references;
• Trade journals and news sources (for example industry publications);
• Public government filings (such as SEC filings);
• Third party websites and services like job boards and professional network sites (for example LinkedIn) and social media platforms and websites where you post information;
• Business intelligence sources, recruitment platforms, and licensed services; and
Any Personal Information you provide to a third party will be subject to that third party’s privacy notice and our use of the Personal Information we obtain from such third parties will be subject to this Privacy Notice.
Information we collect automatically from your device. Like many other websites, Skillsjump and its service providers may also collect certain information pertaining to you and the device and communications method that you use to access our Site. We refer to this information as “Usage Information.” This Usage Information allows us to optimize the Site based on visitors’ device type and analyze and improve the Site and Services. We collect this information automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Site and Services. Usage Information includes: (i) traffic data, general location data inferred from IP address, logs, pages visited, referring URL, length and frequency of your visit to the Site and use of the Services, and the resources that you access and use on the Site and Services; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, device identifiers, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection of usage information may include:
• Pixel Tags / Web Beacons: Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email. We may also use these web beacons for other related Site and email statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). For example, you may receive targeted notifications of available job postings based on the content or the pages you click on.
• Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Site, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers.” Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
Aggregate and d eidentified information. We may aggregate and/or deidentify any of the information we collect so that such information no longer identifies you (“Aggregate/deidentified information”). We may use such information for any purposes, including without limitation to gain insight into job trends, job availability and skills needed for jobs; salary trends, and other information related to job seeking, recruiting and branding. We may also share such data with any third parties without limitation.
The categories of personal information we collect about you
Contact Information like your email address, telephone number, postal address and contact information of any referrals, references or emergency contacts you provide.
Employment, Education Information and Work Eligibility Information: including your resume or C.V., employment history, education history, certifications, professional license information, languages proficiencies, security clearance information, work authorization, work-related skills, practice details and skills assessment information.
Career Planning Information: including your career interests, desired compensation and benefits, desired work location and willingness to relocate, family information as it relates to your career goals or plans, and hobbies and interests.
Demographic Information: including your race, gender, national origin, disability status and veteran status, where we are required to or permitted to do so by law and in support of equal opportunity monitoring or affirmative action programs.
Photos and Visual Images: including photos that you provide to us or that you make publicly available on the internet (for example LinkedIn or company/firm websites); your image on video if you elect to do a video interview.
Device Information: including your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platform information when you are visiting our Site(s).
Other Information You Provide: including any other personal information you may elect to provide to us, including information protected against security breaches such as bank and payment information, any paper, video materials you submit to us.
Purposes for Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
We collect and use your Personal Information for our business and commercial purposes, which include:
• Recruiting and Hiring for current and future job opportunities with us or with our customers, including determining your eligibility and suitability for such opportunities.
• Providing our Services, including our staffing and recruiting services as well as our various consulting, advisory, transformation and workforce management services. Receiving Services, including receiving services from various vendors, suppliers and independent contractors.
• Business Sales Development, for example using your contact information to call or email you as a talent candidate, customer or prospect as part of providing our Services.
• Marketing and Promotions, including sending you promotional communications such as newsletters, surveys, articles of interest, press releases and job fair or other event announcements and personalizing and delivering content about our Services to you, including through advertisements on our Site(s) and other websites.
• Payment for services. Information protected against security breaches like your direct deposit or bank account information so that workers can be paid and Customers can pay us.
• Business Analytics to profile the interests of employers and job seekers; to understand the visitors to our Site(s) and to otherwise improve the delivery of our Services through internal audits, troubleshooting and other business analysis.
• Research and Thought Leadership, including articles regarding customers, and white papers, podcasts and other thought leadership regarding workforce, talent and industry trends and analysis.
• Meeting Substantial Public Interest, such as equal opportunity monitoring and programs that promote diversity and inclusion.
• Aggregation and Anonymization, including the process of using Personal Information to create aggregated or anonymized data sets for the purpose of internal business analysis or thought leadership with the end product of such data sets not being Personal Information since it is not identifiable to an individual.
• Security and Fraud Prevention to ensure the security of our Site(s) and Services, to protect against fraud, and to comply with legal requirements.
• Compliance with Laws, Legal Action and Professional Advice, including compliance with all laws and regulations and addressing legal action or taking professional advice, for example from attorneys or tax professionals.
How will we use the information you provide to us?
We and our service providers may use the information that we collect from or about you to:
• Provide the Site and Services to you
• Communicate with you, including by informing you of any relevant job postings that may be of interest to you based upon your expressed interests, to manage your participation in events, to notify you of changes made to the Site, to connect you with recruiters for various job opportunities, and to send you promotional materials that you request from us;
• Analyze and improve the content, materials, and Services that we make available on the Site, and evaluate user needs;
• Customize the Services, including by displaying information relevant to your expressed interests and preferences and generating recommendations for jobs that you may be interested in;
• Secure the Site and Services and protect against fraud in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Skillsjump, our customers, or others;
• Comply with our legal obligations; and
• For other legitimate and lawful business purposes.
If you contact us for support or assistance, we may use information about you that you provide or that we collect for purposes such as verifying whether meets the minimum requirements needed to use our various Services.
Sharing of personal information
Skillsjump does not sell your Personal Information. Skillsjump may share and disclose certain categories of Personal Information about you for a business purpose in the following circumstances and to the below-described categories of third parties:
• To service providers. We may disclose your information to service providers we use to support our business. We may share information with such service providers to allow them to perform services on our behalf, such as customer service, debugging and error resolution, analytics, and other services.
• Customers and Prospective Customers. Customers and prospective customers may request professional and employment-related information for purposes of evaluating a Candidate’s credentials, skills and experience. Customers may also need to approve and process timesheet information for Candidates.
• Candidates. We may share Personal Information of our Customers or prospective customers to Candidates such as when a Candidate must know information about whom to contact when going on an interview or an assignment with a Customer or prospective customer.
• We may share personal information with your consent. For example, you may let us share personal information with others for their own marketing uses. Those uses will be subject to their privacy policies.
• We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
• We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
• We may share information to comply with laws.
• We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
• We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
• We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
• We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
Please note that if you post any Personal Information in a public area of our Site(s), the information that you share will be visible to others and can be read, used, or collected by others. Skillsjump is not responsible for the way others may use Personal Information you post to public areas of the Site(s).
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Skillsjump” section below.
Use of sites by minors
The Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18. If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of the Sites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Sites by writing to email@example.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
Information choices and changes
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about personal information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our sharing with others, and update your personal information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
How do we protect information collected about you?
Skillsjump and our Service providers take measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal data by aiming to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
• Restricting access to personal data to our employees and Service providers on a “need to know” basis;
• Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data; and;
• Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding your rights with respect to the “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)) we collect from and about you, and your rights with respect to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Access & Deletion Rights
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Specifically, the CCPA allows you to request us to:
• Inform you about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you; the categories of sources of such information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share/disclose personal information;
• Provide access to and/or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you;
• Delete certain personal information we have about you; and
• Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any.
Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we may refuse your deletion request if we are permitted by law to keep the information. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
Verification: We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name, e-mail address, and physical address.
You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
Additionally, you have the right to be free of discrimination for exercising your consumer privacy rights. We will not deny you services, charge different amounts or provide a different quality level of Services for exercising your rights unless the difference is reasonably related to the value of your data.
If you would like further information regarding your legal rights under California law or would like to exercise any of them, please submit your request using the following intake form.
Notice of Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to opt out of the “sale” of your personal information. Under the CCPA, “sale” is broadly defined to mean the sharing of personal information with third parties who are not acting as our service providers. This may include our sharing of your information with prospective employers via our applicant database or other features that we offer to prospective employers. If you are a California resident and would like to opt out of information sharing for purposes that may be a “sale” under California law, please contact us an email at email@example.com.
or by post at:
624 Cardiff, Irvine, 92606